Heart of Florida United Way Volunteer Program
On July 16, 2010, youth volunteers from United Way visited X-Tending Hands, Inc. and provided an in kind donation by painting our women's facility. We are very grateful to the contribution they have made for our agency and most of all, our clients.
Strengthening Communities in Central Florida
Wanda Mack and Barbara Hoosier at CPNM training
X-Tending Hands, Inc. has been privileged to have received the Strengthening Communities in Central Florida Program grant. The grant is focused on improving our agency's capacity building areas so that we may provide better services to our clients in a more effective and efficient way. X-Tending Hands, Inc. attends monthly trainings on various topics such as financial management, grant writing, strategic planning ,etc.
Strategic Goals and Objectives 2010
- Financial Stability - To secure funding to fully support the work of X-Tending Hands, Inc.
- Volunteers and Staffing - To recruit, hire and retain excellent team leaders and team members.
- Collaboration - To partner with other community based organizations.
- Training and Education - To provide educational resources to our clients, staff, Board, and volunteers.
- Secure Permanent Facility - To obtain a permanent facility that supports clients, staff, and volunteers.